The biggest motivator for me to write this article is solely my sweet best friend Stefina Rayan as recently she was in dilemma as to how to identify whether an individual is in love or not. So I decided to do some analysis and as far as possible give my best logical and emotional views.
It is a very common question, "How can I tell I'm in love?", but it is not an easy question to answer. What feels like love to one person may be nothing more than attraction or deep friendship to another. Some people fall in and out of love quickly and often while others are never really in love as much as they are in lust. This can get confusing when you are a teen because romantic love is a relatively new concept for u and u don't know what to expect. It is very much important to know the difference between love, lust, attraction and deep friendship and hence me making an effort below to give in an explanatory way as to what is LOVE:
- Lust is clearly not love.
- Love is based on more than just physical attraction.
- Sure, attraction is a factor, but love goes deeper than that.
- Love is based on caring, friendship, commitment and trust.
- When you are in love it is as if you have your best most trusted friend at your side AND you feel physically attracted to them. It is the best of both worlds!
- Love is a shared feeling between two people who care for each others happiness.
- Love is not about jealousy. It is not about conflict. It is not about testing.
- Love is a positive feeling.
- Love is the total surrender of your heart to another person with the security of knowing they will treat it better than you will.
- Love should feel good. It should not feel bad.
- Love should make you want to be a better person, it should not lead you to wrong path.
- Love is not demanding.
- Anything less is lust, deep friendship or attraction. So the question remains, how can you tell you are in love?
There is no easy way to find the truth behind your feelings or the feelings of another person but there are some signs that love is growing deeper. If you agree with 7 of the following 9 statements you are probably in love.
a) You know you are in love when every time you start to think about the one you love, butterflies start flying in your stomach, gets constant happiness etc.
b) You know you are in love when you find yourself shopping with that person and you feel like everything is right in the world.
c) You know you are in love when you can't stop touching that person.
d) You know you are in love when you feel miserable when you are away from that person.
e) You know you are in love when you start planning a future in your head.
f) You know you are in love when can't stop smiling every time you see that person.
g) You know you are in love when can't get them off your mind, always wanting to be with them, anxious to see them and Indescribable feeling generate in the back of your mind.
h) If sex is part of your relationship it is by mutual desire and agreement without the slightest hint of commitment testing or persuasion.
i) You are more yourself when you are with that person than you are with anybody else.